R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The places that run VTA here are looking at the rules for update, but one of the people in the know has stated that if you follow USVTA rules you will be good to go in general.

So I am looking at what I have here that I bought on the cheap to get us into the local "VTA" class (Speed Passion Reventon Club, 25.5 V3.0 Motor $75 new for the combo, reuse our summer SCT batteries) to see what I need to upgrade.

So my question is this, is there any benefit performance-wise to the BOSS edition motors over say a regular Ballistics assuming both are new in a tight track situation?

Same question on batteries? Thinking some SMC 4mm inboards. Anyone know of a 5mm inboard setup (I use these type of connectors so have a variety of them on hand).

Also, for guys who run Xray T3 2012 vehicles, if you have any tips on where you orient your weight and how much in general you are adding, and even pictures that would be very helpful.

For the inner driver figure, which of these offer the easiest installation, especially on the vehicle previously mentioned?

Lastly, I have to say I like the things you guys do for "realism" with the inner bodies, etc. With its release of the traxxas new audio system, was curious if anyone is looking to try these out in USVTA Racing to add a bit more realism to it?

Would like to follow that and see vids if possible

Last edited by Cain; 10-09-2014 at 12:00 PM.