R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:25 PM
ercwhtsd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
First off, yeah there definitely are 21.5 motors that are faster than others. I own a bunch of different motors and there is a difference. At last years Southern Nats, the ORCA motor was definitely fast, and this was obvious to the naked eye. At last year's Scale Nats, the Trackstar motor was surprisingly fast. Racing F1 at Tamiya races has also allowed me to see that there continue to be faster motors introduced all the time. R1 Wurks for example....

Anyway, the timing rule is going to go. Not because of any complaining on here. I should have changed the rules a while ago but I haven't gotten around to it. The SS motors are pretty much gone at this point, and that is the ONLY reason for the rule. Everybody is running off at the mouth like the rule was meant to keep parity individual motor to motor. No, it was only an attempt to keep from obsoleting the SS motors. Personally, if you want to blow your stuff up, have at it.

BTW we have dynos up north as well...

AH Heck!! Now what are we gonna complain and whine about??

And my dyno works just fine , for those that ask to have their entire system checked.