R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread
Old 10-03-2014, 12:54 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct
do you think id be able to take it around a large track on 6s? i ordered 2 sets of sweep tyres....i wonder if 5s is a better option
Difficult question, not possible to answer with yes or no.

The car can already be overpowered using 4s, more will make it worse.
The advantage of going 5s or 6s is that the temperature and peak current is lower.

You might also get some more mAh with 5s or 6s. The weight should not exceed 600g to keep the car balanced. 45C plus duration is a must.

If you are able to also utilise extra power is depending on how good your setup is. The car needs to be absolutely planted, especially the rear end. The rest is subject to limit the peak current to a value not having the car spinning out of the corners.

Donīt remember what the KV value of your motor is, or if you are still free to choose.

My recomendation for the max KV used is:

- 4s = 2850
- 5s = 2300
- 6s = 1900

Based on reaching 85% of the rev limit at nominal voltage (3,7V) and not exceeding it with a fully charged battery at 4.2V. The sweet spot for an individual motor might even be lower than that, in the range of 66%, depending on the quality of the motor.

Guess those are the most important values to put into your decision making formula combined with you individual weighting factors.

Hope that will guide you to a smart solution fitting your needs.