R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - On road engine at GT car?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 AM
willcarrera
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is some serious anger and pain on this thread. This is an opinion from a guy who has just come back to RC racing after a 14 year layoff. I decided to get back into RC racing earlier this year and fell in love with the idea of the GT class and picked up a Cobra GT (serpent fanboy). Thinking this was going to be a great reintroduction into racing at a more beginner level giving me time to start driving and acquiring tools and gear needed to get into a different classes. Boy was I wrong, I know that all racing comes with a large price tag but I had no idea what all was involved with the GT class. I have raced 10th scale and 1/8th scale at a competitive level so I have an idea of the time and money it takes to get a good setup going, but the overall car knowledge of racing is taken to the limits with the GT car. I was not around for the true spec class or open class all I know is the current class and I see it not surviving the way its being commissioned. A person new to RC will be quickly turned off by the type of modifications needed to be made to be competitive and an experienced driver doesn't want another headache. The way I see this class really working is something bone stock where both beginners and experienced drivers can just get together and have fun. This opinion is also coming from a guy who has every optional part on this car along with every body and an engine modified by a pro. Go figure