R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Markus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

^^^
Actually that is the opposite. Overall the rear should be firmer than the front. but there is such a thing as one step softer rear or one step stiffer front from where your car is currently having problems.

donnie,
I agree with your friends. the M05/03 is much easier to start with with an setup is not as critical. (you will be able to get around the track easily and quickly)
IMO - The M06 only works well on High traction surfaces. carpet/high traction asphalt.
the M06 never seems to work (competitively) in parking lots.

My experience with Tamiya Minis leads me to believe that the softer end of the car has less overall traction. This is why I recommended the above.

Shock angle - standing up: more initial traction. laid down less initial traction (you said the rear was too stuck initially)
Spring - stiffer more traction to a point - forces rubber onto the track. Softer less traction to a point - lets the car lean/roll more and tires scrub instead of grip.
BTW do my suggestions one at a time to see what difference it makes. do not do them all a the same time. after all you are trying to improve your cars setup. one change may fix the issue you are having. Good luck.

Last edited by Markus; 09-29-2014 at 10:00 AM.