R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 09:56 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here's a setup I ended up with at the Southern Nats in Nashville last weekend. Qualified 4th, finished 3rd in the 17.5 A-main.

Gravity tires made a ton of grip, to the point that they would feel too gummy as the run went on. The car never wanted to traction roll, however. I ran 0 front camber so that I could drive the car as hard as needed given the grip level. On anything less than high bite or on other tires I'd start at least 1* camber.

The guys that have driven the car initially didn't like how much steering it had, but once you learn to be smooth with the steering input this setup can be really fast. I set full steering lock (knuckle to c-hub) at 100% dual-rate on the radio, and usually ran around 80%. I didn't get to test with an LTCR yet, but I always favor the Mazdaspeed 6.

A tight front gear diff worked well, too. Other things worth trying if you want the car to be a little more comfortable would be a 1.4 front swaybar, LTCR body, and fully long wheelbase.

The car only lacked a tad bit high-speed rotation, but was still comfortable to drive. An LTCR may fix that. It definitely made up for it in the infield.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SetupSheetEryx1.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	1235124  

Last edited by cwoods34; 09-26-2014 at 10:07 PM.