R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advance R/C Car R10 2015
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Just club racing. But. Tq and the win first time on carpet. Had to reverse my roll centers but car worked pretty well on carpet. tried the chassis stiffener for the carpet and its a bit much. really makes the cars steering very aggressive. had to remove the screw thru the upper deck to tame it down. i ended up reducing the amount of shims in the rear to .5mm under the rear toe block and increasing the shims to 1.5 mm in front. ended up taking away enough steering to really tame the car down. carpet is a totally different animal than pavement.
your saying you went with .5 shim under the rear toe block, and 1.5 under the front, front of what, front toe block on the front of the car or front toe block on the rear of the car. ---anti squat-- inquiring minds wanna know.. the rear of my 15 was unpredictable stepped out one lap and not the next. thought about some anti squat but robbed the gear diff outta the 13 to get the lighter weight oil and it didn't help... but alas,,, threw the alum chassis today so probably gotta get a whole new set up..