R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 02:59 AM
BentKa
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
I have turned mine out a cpl turns too i ended up breaking an outdrive expensive lesson learned
Originally Posted by HeavyD99
I run 2mm limiters in the front and back, then unscrew the rear shock ends a 1mm to get the right droop. No limiters = broken diff outdrive.

Front sway bars - for indoors, yes. Outdoors, I have not run a front sway bar in a long time - I found it made my buggy too twitchy. But I like the idea of more grip, so I may go back to it next year (our outdoor season is almost over)
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
No swaybars and no internal limiters. No problems at all. Tyler Vik runs no limiters. Have not seen him have issues.

Saying; No limiters = broken diff outdrive will only be correct for certain set-ups as shock mounting position as well as your hinge pin inserts will determine the need for limiters or not.

Two identical shock setups will have different need of limiters depending on the position of your hinge pin inserts. Running them on the inside will require less droop (more limiters) than running the inserts on the outside.

You always want to make sure your drive shafts don't hit the outdrives on full compression or at full droop.
Driveshafts hitting the outdrives will not only bind up the suspension but will also weaken the outdrives over time.

So a useful tip could be to run your track width wider by positioning the hinge pin inserts further out as this will give the driveshafts a greater range of movement without hitting the outdrives and allow you to run more droop

Bent