R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Like I mentioned before, my brother has the stock chassis and jumps nice and flat, I have the MIP chassis and it is not bad nose diving but no where near as flat as his. I went through my truck before we went to practice this past sat. and everything in the suspension is straight and free, there was no binding at all, before practice I did find that the set screws on the sway bars were way tight but I loosened them up before we ever started to practice, I do need to take the shocks apart and check and see what pistons are in them because other than changing the oil in them when I got it I never looked. what is a good piston and oil for this I have 32.5 in them now which prolly is not correct. and I got the ride height down to 26.
we typiclaly run the rear lighter then the front.

some great setups at www.casper-rc.com for this truck. I will be posting the lastest dunford setup most likely tonight but the shocks are the same as the most recent setup I have up there.

Weight balance can obviosly affect jumping as well as shock package and other things like antisquat and such. Just saying this other truck jumps better as it has a MIP chassis and the setups may be very different (I don't know you tell me) is hard to understand why it might happen. If you can control the car in the air and it gets around the corners better it should be faster. Tweaking a setup to get "flatter flight" easier at the expense of corner speed is never a compromise I would make. some seem to have more issues with jumping the trucks then others and some has to do with the track some has to do with how the driver jumps the car. In this case you are the driver of both so it leads to setup or possibly the chassis configuration without knowing more about the setups it is hard to make that assesment.

Is it hard to jump or just "not as flat". I ask again related to not redoing your whole setup if you feel it is working well just to get to to jump a little better.

Nose down landings at least getting the truck parallel to the landing ramp is the best way to get around the track. Most of the time you want to down side the jump to get back on power is the fastest way around a track.