R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 09-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Jeepy2013
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
That's just flat out untrue. When I was running my Kyosho, it had close to zero slop throughout most of the car.. and it never once "bound up". I have been racing for a looonnngg time, and I have never once heard of a car binding up because there wasn't enough slop.

To answer the question, make sure you are using your set grub screws
I have experienced it myself. I had a Thunder Tiger EB4, I took and shimmed some of the slop out of it and then I kept having issues with the front suspension binding up and then the steering. I put slop back in it and never had a problem again.

Just because I don't have 5,000 posts on a internet website, doesn't mean that I haven't been racing since 1985 and haven't seen some pretty weird things over the years.

There is a difference between being "tight" and too "tight" and would imagine the track conditions play into things as well. I guess maybe the guys that race indoors all the time wouldn't have issues with dirt binding up parts on a car, but on a large outdoor track that can be loamy and wet at times, it can happen. (yes the track was usually a mess).

I'm glad that I will be able to race at a nice indoor track now, I look forward to not having the insdie of my car full of dirt at the end of a heat.

Last edited by Jeepy2013; 09-16-2014 at 06:25 AM.