R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida
Old 09-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Mark Stiles
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by orcadigital
I thought tires were going to be less expensive at the track? Superior also shows 25 sets in stock...with 100+ drivers looking for ~10 sets each...i don't know.

I have just not heard of people buying a spec tire before hand then bringing them to the track for impound, not for a race of this size. Seems like it would compromise the integrity of impound and spec tires/sauce if people bring their own tires.

Related but difference, will there be any vendors selling tires for the 12th scale portion? I am bringing what I have, but with an open tire, it almost guarantees I will bring the wrong type. I assume no impound for 12th scale tires since they are open?
You'd have thought that the tyre supplier (Hot Race?) would have been at the track with 1000+ sets of tyres in a van, and that only tyres purchased at the event from that vendor would be allowed? I dunno, maybe I'm being too sensible?

As for 1/12 - it's open tyres but control additive. Not sure how they're going to adequately control that unless they do what the gas classes do; tyres are imponded as new in packets and must be trued/fitted inside the impound. It's probably a bit late to expect everyone to bring new, untrued foam though - I bet many have already cut theirs in preparation for the event.

In any case, if someone really wanted to cheat then they probably could unless it was total lockdown on everything...