R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 06:39 AM
StadiumRC
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
You know guys, we're awful rough on Cherry. Don't get me wrong, I think he's full of it. I'll qualify that by explaining my position. Based on how good each of his tips is his lap times are negative. If I post about how great something is I saw a tenth or two improvement or my average laps were more consistent (by making my change). He posts twice a week about how all his team guys did whatever and its better than bottled water. That's my issue....also any club racer who rebuilds his car every week needs to find something better to do. Anyway, I think all his BS comes from a good place. I don't think that guy has a mean bone in his body. I honestly don't think he's got anything better to do. I, myself, just put my kids to bed and had a few cocktails. My wife fell asleep on the couch, which consequently, is when I do my posting and "shopping". I probably go through a car a week which means I service my cars every 2 or 2 1/2 months. I'm the bottom of the A main or B'Q every week. I've recently set a track record by lapping the pack 3 weeks in a row in the B main. I have no talent either. I'm too old race dirt bikes and don't have time to drag race any more.....rc racing is almost the only man sport I have left!
+1

I appreciate his enthusiasm, and most of the time it seems good natured. What turns me off is arguing or insisting that people are wrong about something. This is a hobby for me too and I really don't take it too seriously - but I do enjoy the good tips and info shared here. No need to argue about toy cars.

On to the B5M.....has anyone run both the composite bellcrank and the aluminum version? Just wondering if there is any advantage or if it's just bling. I have the aluminum bellcranks in my B5 but am probably just going to use the composite cranks in the B5M - I don't want to spend any more $ on upgrades right now.