R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 09:56 AM
theproffesor
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Its interesting to see how the topic of a conversation progresses over time. On this topic of weight. I have my chassis now balance to within 10g f/r & l/r. I had to add a couple hundred grams to my Dynamics 06 w/ aluminum chassis to make weight with a 5000mah pack. For the forseable future Inront see anything needing to change. Let the ESC rule change settle in for a bit before rocking the boat again. But IF a rules change were to happen, a lighter weight OR increase battery capicity should happen, NOT BOTH. Having a higher Mah batt would make it that much eaier to make weight, and being lighter would place less strain (although its not much as it is) on the electronics. I dont think the rules should change to be more like ROAR, otherwise, why have a seperate sactioning body?

For those advocating open motor, and for those against it due to lack of regulations for 25.5, how about this wrench in the cog, go to open 21.5 like USGT. Heck thats what those crazy Candians do already. Then we could race internationaly and still be different from ROAR. Please discuss and try and try to keep the comment war to a small skirmish, not nuclear.