R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
The opposite of that can also be true.

Rob King used one in his F1 car at the TCS finals. The one I have in my F1 car is the fastest one at my local track. With a $45 hobbywing speed control in both cars!

Not opposed to paying for value. Anyone who's seen my pride and joy setup board knows this. But the trackstar motor isn't garbage. Color me surprised. I only bought it because the Reedy I ordered didn't come in and that was the only 21.5 the LHS had, and I wanted to go racing.
I understand what you're saying, but you may have missed the point. In most cases, cheap stuff is is made from cheap stuff…………Admittedly, you can't judge the quality by the price tag cause some people gouge you with junk, but from your accounting background, you know that manufacturers will price with the standard formula for pricing. A $45 motor has cut corners somewhere compared to a $90 motor. Yes I know there are other factors. Also, have been involved in a couple of retail hobby shops and a kit manufacturing business, so do understand how this stuff works.

F1 is more about set up and driver than motor. But it's nice to have the fastest motor at the track.