R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advance R/C Car R10 2015
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Josh-n-ya
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I received my Black Edition yesterday and couldn't wait to get busy on the build. Thanks to Gridworks for getting my kit shipped out quickly. Always great customer service.

I sanded the diff bearing caps and it definitely frees up the drivetrain. Still have some work to do but I like to run a car before doing to many tips/tricks. Let it break it naturally. Plastic fitment was pretty snug in some places and required a little extra attention. I'll take sanding over shimming any day. �� Instructions are a little vague in places but pretty straight forward for the most part. The black edition came with a full set of the standard screws. I was about 10 screws in to the chassis before I realized there was a seperate bag with all the black hardware. Haha. Live and learn. The only real issues I had with the build were a rear axle that would not go through the bearing. I had to chuck it in the dremel and remove the coating to get the bearings to slide on. The other issue is play in the shock pistons. I'm used to shimming pistons except I can't find my shims, so that's frustrating. ��. Overall, I'm very impressed with the kit. Mounting electronics tonight and putting it on the setup station. Can't wait to get it on the track. Thanks again to Lemar for hooking me up with a nice kit.
Welcome aboard! Yeah there are a few minor imperfections with the build as goes to almost all rc model cars but once parts are freed up and glitches sorted its a fantastic handling car. Enjoy