R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Thelittlesthobo
Tech Initiate

Hi Grandpa, thanks for the response.

One of my jobs this week is to make a crib sheet of all the measurements etc so that I have a base setup that I know works for me. When doing so do you guys measure ball joint to ball joint or total length? Ie the shock length including the plastic mounts or the distance when the shock is fitted between the ball joints.

The tyres I run are sweeps front and shimizu (sp) on rear. The rear tyres have lasted 4x the sweeps usually last so they are my preferred tyre. Trouble is on the front I haven't found a setup that can get them to work. As I mentioned previously the fronts were wrecked and still the gluing made a massive difference. Looking forward to trying it on a fresh set.

The weight I am going to shed is surplus I have added already. My bumpers have weights in them and I have weight underneath the servo which works well. But I was also running extra weights on top of the bumper and along the battery and at the rear so it was rather excessive. Talking to the fastest guy at our track who has wiped the floor with everyone in mini class he said I was running extra weight for no reason.

Mini class is really taking off here. We are only a small club but we have nearly 30 regular mini competitors for club events.