R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 09-01-2014, 05:55 PM
GMartinez
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Everyone. Im really Sorry about the Huge delay. Just been Hectic lately.

No Problem! we missed you but was fun anyways! their is always Next year

Was a Great Time. The race turned out awesome! Thanks for coming!

I must say again sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for all your super positive comments! It was a pleasure for me and a big step as it was the first "Gravity" race. If you still have questions please let me know!

yes, Im a slacker for sure

Hi Doug!!! WOW, Great to hear from you!. Glad everything is going good. Cool that your racing again, hopefully ill bump in to you guys again. Say hi to Meagan!

Hi! here is something that i am now including with the tires, much of this should help you i hope . Also i have had good success with not cleaning the tires after the run, just saucing over the top takes away a bit of the edge also. Thanks!

CARPET RUBER TIRE TUNING TIPS (by Paul Lemieux) [email protected]
Additive: Much of the time it is not necessary to apply full additive to the front tires, only applying additive to the inner half or none of the front tire will increase stability. “Liquid Gravity LGC” is recommended in most cases for maximum stability.
Glue: Gluing the outer sidewall of the front tire is not necessary but recommended in many cases, it will provide more high speed stability to your car. When gluing it is recommended to apply a moderate coat of CA glue from the glue seam up the sidewall of the tire. Gluing approximately 1mm up beyond the markings on the sidewall is recommended.
Chassis: These tips are likely to make your vehicle more stable and consistent for carpet racing. Not order of importance.
WEIGHT: (weight more forward on chassis or longer rear wheelbase will add nose weight and is also likely to add stability).
REAR WING: (Moving rear wing back on the body will provide more high speed stability).
FRONT CAMBER: (Especially after gluing the front sidewall of the tire, less front camber will increase stability).
STEERING THROW: (In many cases maximum overall steering throw is not necessary).
ACKERMAN: (More Ackerman will provide a car that is more stable center of the corner and also while exiting on throttle).
Thanks for reading! GRAVITY RC.
Slacker lol
See ya soon