R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:10 PM
mhopper
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
You do realize how the regular system works right? After one qualifier, you're running with people real close to your ability for the REST OF THE EVENT. You'd have the exact same amount of fun EITHER WAY.

And frankly, that was the beauty of the 1 minute qualifier. It was a great pre-sorter in so many ways. If you were an A-sort driver you could go for it or play it safe. If you went for it and had a problem, you had to work your way back up the ladder. If you were an last-sort driver, you went directly there. 2nd best drama of the weekend.
Yes, I am aware of how it works. I raced last year. I am also aware that sometimes those upper level drivers have a bad qualifier and end up on the track with no driving s.o.bs like me... I am also aware at how they act when they are stuck in that pack. I know this very well because it happened last year. I am also very aware what it was like when I saw the talent level and equipment level that I was up against after driving 7 hours to get there. Some of us are out to earn bragging rights and higher levels of sponsorship. Some of us are just glad to have a day away from the office. There is definitely a difference between "us" and "them". I appreciate Myron for realizing there is a difference, in spite of the jabs he is taking for it, and giving the uss of the world a chance to put a trophy on that desk when we have to go back to the office. ( just hit me....maybe some of you are afraid to race a c main and not be able to say " yeah...I was in the c but I still beat 30 people". News flash...trust me on this one....Beating people like me is certainly nothing to brag about!)