R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 08-27-2014, 07:11 AM
CristianTabush
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, the way I conceptualized it is a body that has more high speed stability and quicker rotation.

If I were to compare it to other bodies, it would be difficult, because the changes we made to the body are pretty radical when you look at the measurements compared to other bodies out there. We went with a longer front window for high speed stability and better low speed steering. We also made a shorter rear deck for better rotation. The front end is pretty smooth, so that the steering response is very balanced. The rear wing is moved very far back, but so is the rear bumper, so that it can meet GBS rules.

The results are awesome so far on carpet. It is consistently 1 tenth faster than any other body I have tested. It is quite awesome to just swap and find a tenth. I thought this was due to the featherweight body, but the regular weight prototype body is still faster than the other bodies I have compared it to.

I feel this body shines in 3 ways over the MS6/LTC, montech nazda2/3, GX, etc.
1.high speed corners: the body is super predictable and very planted at high speed. I feel much more confident with it and this allows me to push the car harder and drive closer to the walls without freaking out. In high speed chicanes/ left to right transitions, the car is much more composed.
2.low speed steering: while the car is very neutral at higher speeds, when you slow down, the turn in is very high, but very linear.
3.rotation: when you have a medium or small radius corner the car just rotates faster without losing rear grip. You can actually feel the car carrying more corner speed. It is actually pretty wild.

I have not gotten to test on asphalt much, but hopefully I will soon. I do know that for carpet, this body will be very successful. The time sheets do not lie, and over 6 minutes i typically pick up about 5 seconds instantly. It is awesome.