R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT-E
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Stealth_RT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13487304-post1321.html

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Okay I finally got out and was able to do some good testing on the new 0 deg caster blocks. I ran two cars today with identical setups one with the 10 deg and the other with the 0 degree caster blocks. I started my day off with the car I race all the time to get a control. Once I went trough a tank of fuel I jumped immediately over to the 0 deg car. The first corner I was sold.

The steering feels so good, much more natural and smoother than the 10 degree. The setup I was running had 1mill cst in the front diff and 60k in the rear. I have never had so much on power steering I am going to have to learn to use it out of the corners for more speed. Rotation is great but I felt the car could have a little more turn in.

I then swapped the stock option 3 ackerman with the option 2 as we often do on the buggy. The car responded very well adding more turn in and taming down the on power slightly. This felt much better to me and ultimately is what I stuck with by the end of the day. The car was dialed and I made little to no setup changes (just ackerman).

Overall the car on the zero degree blocks felt the best and the blocks will make their way over to my main car asap. Im going to keep the test car with the zero degree caster together as I would like to play with the diff oil cst a bit to see if I can get the car to rotate more how I am use to.

Serpent nailed it on these, well done!
Quoted from the nitro Cobra GT thread. Since there's a larger population of nitro GT8 racers, it's interesting to see what they say about the 0 deg caster blocks, 0 deg steering knuckles. Also crazy to see that they often run black springs all the way around, and 1 million cst front diff oil. But that setup would be for a REALLY high bite track.