R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 08-21-2014, 09:14 PM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

As far as radios go, I use an M12 and have an MT4 for my 4x4 SC and as a spare. I've used them all. The KO Eurus is the most comfortable but I had the modules go and the rxs have a fragile crystal in them that is prone to breaking. The KIY was a novel idea. You can't go wrong with a 4PK s/r/x....whatever Futaba is on now. Futaba makes good stuff. The Spektrum is entry level....I'll leave it at that. I use to really hate the Airtronics radios. I especially hated the M11 so its quite a surprise that I absolutely love everything about the M12. Taking my new found fondness of Airtronics a step further I'll go out there and say that the MT4 is the best radio you can get for your money. Its like a baby m12 for half the cost. If I had a budget that's what I'd buy.

For the price you can't beat a Savox 1257 or 1258. I've had one of those Protek servos do weird things....it acted like an old JR servo when the centering pin in the servo case would break or wear, the servo would constantly try to find center....it looked like it was glitching whenever the car was still.

Last edited by QDRHRSE; 08-21-2014 at 09:29 PM.