R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 06:11 AM
shannow
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan432greening
Gentlemen/ladies, I need some help.

I am new to the racing side of RC. I recently went to my local outdoor track to break in my B5M. I have everything set to factory settings and am using a tekin rs gen2 10.5 turn with tekin gen2 esc. I'm using gold dirt webs. The track was a tad dusty, but not terrible. It looked like a 4wd kind of day but the car was absolutely awful. Constantly spinning the tires and while spinning the car always pulled to one side or the other. Is that a slipper adjustment that needs to be made? Diff adjustment? Should I run softer springs than stock? I'm just lost. I'm sure the car will be fun indoors this winter but I'd like to enjoy it before then.

I also had my SC10 out and while it was tough to drive as well, it had alot more traction than the buggy. I know I'm a terrible driver right now, but I know someone can help me make it a little better.

Help a newbie out, please? I'd really appreciate it. Everything I read from you guys is more centered towards front end handling, doesn't seem like many of you are struggling with rear end traction.

Thanks guys/gals!
I don't have the B5m yet (tomorrow hopefully) but what Lipo are you using ?
On loose track you may want saddles or the shorty fully at the back to gain weight at this end. That's an easy setup change. What ride height are you using ?

Jonathan