R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 03:38 PM
V6Jim
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
I guess the xb4 is a very race oriented vehicle ( shaving weight by using composite gears should be a little "HELLO" on this )

And just like any race oriented vehicle, full scale down, you will need to set it up.Just.Perfect.

Don't understand the need for a racer to be built like a tank, and frankly, I don't want a tank when racing. Everything from super light F1 cars to paper thin carbon fibre care race bikes are relatively fragile, and everyone that races ( except some in rc ) understand that.

You have yours set up correct and not causing problems, so why advocate the need for a tank, instead of advocating proper set up??

And as a fact, setting a slipper correct is not.that.hard.
LOL.

It would be quite convenient for me to have heavier diffs, as it happens, as the car responds well to some extra rear weight! Save me bolting on under gearbox weights etc!

It's a bit like the shorty battery debate. To me, for the tracks I drive on, less weight is BAD!

So, can we agree that a well set up and perfectly tweaked XB4 is an aweome thing and one which isn't, isn't.

Jimmy