R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 10:30 PM
BentKa
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Most intermediate drivers may not have the ability to make the big jumps as smooth as the more experienced drivers so i think we tend to make our slippers a lil bit tighter in order to gain more power / speed to make the car struggle to make the distance to clear jumps cause we are not on the same lines as the fast guys hence the reason for stripping gears , just my 2 cents but i know for instance that being on throttle on the landing caused my internal gears to fail most other complained about stripping front ring and pinion but cause i was on throttle on landing ramps caused my internal rear diff gears to strip, i dont run on high grip clay track but medium to loose dirt tracks
Ive put nt1 gears and made my slipper looser and stopped being on throttle and it seems to be much better
hope this helps fellow medium skilled drivers
There's no problem being on throttle on landing if you have the slipper setup for it

But instead of tightening their slippers people should instead practice their racing line. A correctly set slipper will also make the car a lot easier to handle even with low turn motors. But unfortunately most people start in the wrong end.......speed first.....then try to negotiate the jumps and turns etc.
More than often on certain tracks we go up in turns for the motor to gain traction and consistency and lower the lap times

But of course it's easier to blame a "weak diff" rather than admitting to their own shortcomings.

I've been doing this for 34 years + and I'm still learning

Bent