R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF418
Thread: Tamiya TRF418
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 05:25 PM
xrayaustin
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Tamiya has nearly been left for dead outsideissuesof its pro drivers and a handful of enthusiasts. I can't tell you the last time I saw a Tamiya car in the top 10 of any big race in the US. It seems like it's been replaced by Yokomo and other brands in the results at ETS races as well.

It took Tower forever to sell their 418 kits, even at $400, and I personally know where 5 of them went at that price.

Of course I could move on to XRay or AMX or something else on a whim, I do it all the time. But I genuinely love how this car feels on carpet and want to find a way to make it work for me. So much so that I've been in contact with 4 different RC manufacturers today asking them about the possibility of producing new c-hubs, which is how I found out about the new pieces from Square (Thanks Dai.)

I know this thread is nearly useless for information, always has been. Mostly I come here to troll because you're almost all a bunch of nut huggers with no useful advice, and you're quick to demean anybody that dares speak out about a car's shortcomings. It's entertainment for me and quite a few others.

And finally, should I make the show in either of the two classes at IIC with this car, guess who won't be getting the setup? That's right, you losers.
Epic lol I love adam! But on a different note of the cars durability Issues. I did finish 2nd at Nats 3 weeks ago with one lol needless to say sadly the other Tamiyawere kind of off pace. I know art struggled and I hhaven't seen that in awhile