R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 11:28 AM
joeymdz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nyegaard
Smug or not, you must also realize the very same thing - most people do not have these problems. Some do. The vast majority does not.

So where is the problem most likely to be?

The amount of abuse I've given my xb4s is insane and they hold up very, very well. With a properly set slipper I've yet to have any problems with the diffs and any related gears. I didn't even have to rebuild or change anything after 3 weeks of daily practicing of 5-6 hours before the norwegian nationals, nor have I had to change anything after said nationals.

I'm not saying you and others aren't experiencing problems, but you must realize you're in the minority here and thus try to figure out what's the cause.
definitely not the minority for this simple issue. its probably about 70% of xb4 users have/had this problem until they learn to adjust their slipper or do some shimming.

as I said before I had my fair share of blowing out the bevel gears until I read post #**** explaining I needed to readjust the slipper when using the car on different surfaces. It wasn't said exactly like that but you get what I am saying. Its simple maintenance and simple adjustments makes this car fly

PS~ I still have the original internal gears in the diff when the car came out and no issues