R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCXX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCXX
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 04:22 PM
ShaunMac
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by endurohero
I hear everyone about the few people that run the HB car. In our winter series im the only HB TCXX car out there. The standard tracks we race on are tight carpet with very low grip. I hit 4 trophy races per season where the grip comes in pretty good but I still struggle with the car lacking rear grip in long sweeping corners and having a lot of initial turn in everywhere else. I see on many of the set up sheets on line that many drivers use different springs front to rear either 1-2 rates stiffer fronts than rears but I have read that its preferred to run the same springs front - back. ive tried four completely different set ups with very little change to the feel of the car. For low grip tight tracks how much does the 2.25mm chassis improve overall traction? im currently using the std chassis and need to buy a replacement so I would like to spend that money wisely on a chassis that with really improve this car. When grip is low what should be my starting point? springs? oil? roll center?
Any response is greatly appreciated.
In low bite running 17.5 TC I change a few things.
-1.5mm F & R rollcenters(shims under pivot blocks)
-short camber links F & R (this really gives the car a lot of lateral grip)
-lighter diff fluid ~ 1,000cst
-more front arm sweep. I usually run 2.0 block FF and split 1.0 FR. I run zero sweep in high bite. 1.0 FF & 1.0 FR
-more droop 3mm ORH F & R

I'm running a 2.25mm ArrowmaxRC chassis with a 2.0mm topdeck raised 2mm and only attached by the 8 bulkhead screws. It doesn't touch the layshaft. I run this in both super low-bite AND high-bite conditions. TCX motor mount. Yokomo pink/blue springs. I have tried a lot of springs and these just work better on carpet. I tend to always run 450 - 500cst oil on carpet. I always use drilled caps for zero rebound too.

The 2.25mm chassis will help generate a lot more grip and give you a larger window for setup. I would highly recommend it. The Arrowmax chassis won't break the bank either at only $49. Plus, they sell topdecks in 1.75, 2.0, 2.25 and 2.5mm thicknesses at half the price of the HB ones. Their floating servo mount is nice too. Now that I think of it, all the carbon on my car is Arrowmax! And No, I'm not sponsored by Arrowmax. lol