R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 11:03 AM
aloksatoor
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
sorry for mmy anger but this is BS. I have had my xb4 spec 14 since it came out abd really love it besides the rear diff going out every other week if not every week. Im sick of spending 25 plus dollars on parts that or xrays issues. I have had 5 people buy the kit because I let them drive mine and talked it up and they are having the same issues as me. You guys (XRAY) have been saying since NOV 25 of 2013 that you were making Metal gears to fix your mistake of graphite gears. I have emailed you guys twice now over the last 4 months and have not gotta anything back but "there is not set date yet"

please someone just give me a answer so I where do go from here. sorry If I hit a nerve with someone, but I over a year and half later and nothing when they know people aare blowing them left and right.
I know its been said before but just maintain the slipper right and it will work. I run mine with a 4.5T on a huge 1/8 size track. Just scrape the pads with a xacto, fine sand the plates, adjust to around 6.3 to 6.5 (pre compress spring with channel locks) and run. It does chip gears when I run around 6mm on the springs, its an expensive mistake but you learn from it .

Don't wait on the Hudy guys man they would be busy writing 'optimized' descriptions for the 2015 release lolz. I would drop this car at a moments notice if there was something better but right now just isn't. The d413 is too sloppy and no parts (even that d812 has parts shortages still and did not shine particularly at last weekends big race, the tlrs broke a lot, no zx6s showed up, yokomo is hard to find parts but looks solid). The zx6 would be my choice once they start coming out with gear diffs stock.