R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi5
Thread: Schumacher Mi5
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 04:26 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, a few suggestions;

Bodyshell - Give the normal Speed6 a try. That's the "goto" shell for carpet racing, and will certainly help to settle the car.
Rear shocks - Hole 4 (one in from outside) seems to work best on the 5e. have tried going back between 3 & 4, but even in higher traction I find 4 better.

Rear end setup - Personally, I think your running the rear roll-centre way too low, with no shims under the arms, and extra shims on the inner links (Bare in mind that 0.5mm shims under the balls is equivilant to a yokomo or tamiya running 0mm under their suspension blocks) I would raise the roll centre back up by going back to kit settings, coupled with the rear shock change.
With the roll centre low, the car is likely to want to roll too deeply into the corner, and then dump it's grip. Hence why your probably felt like it was better in the middle shock hole, as it the shock will stiffen up more into the suspension travel the more laid down it is.

Diff - Try 1000wt, as this will help to lock the rear end a little more. You will gain a little off-power steering, but loose mid & exit. It will grip the rear up basically.

Rear hub plates - try the 2dink if you want the car to tighten up more in the middle of the turn.

Droop - 5.5 F / 4.5 R. Unless I'm running high ride-heights (which your not) then you need to compensate in the droop settings between the two cars. The wishbone end plastics on the 5e are thinner than the 5, so you effectively need to run a higher number on the 5e, to run the same droop as the 5.

In other settings, I'd also look to Yokomo Springs for carpet (Pink F Blue R), but should be able to get much closer with those above changes.

HiH
Ed