R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Cridd
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Have them. Put them on, too much back and forth play, took them off. What shims are you using? Did not have any shims that fit so I went back to the stock arms. I received my aluminum rear hubs yesterday as well. Does the etching face forward, or backward, or does it even matter since they are 0 degree?
:: 91548 / 91549 Aluminum Rear Hubs for RC10B5 and RC10B5M
Installation:
When installing the hubs on either the B5 or B5M chassis, the laser etching 0° should face the rear shocks. • RC10B5 rear motor: the etching faces the front of the vehicle, towards the shock
• RC10B5M mid-motor: the etching faces the rear of the vehicle, towards the shock
With the stock hubs, you could run the insert in either the up or down position. Use a 1mm shim under the ball stud for the DOWN POSITION.
Use a 3mm shim under the ball stud for the UP POSITION.
Stock setup: #2 hole with 3mm shims under the stock (#91047) 6mm ball stud.
NOTE:
If using zero shims, you will need to use a shorter ball stud (#91451 or #91452, 4mm ball studs) than what comes stock on your B5 or B5M. Otherwise, the ball stud could crush the inner bearing.
!
NOTE:
Use caution when using thread lock on the rear camber link ball stud. DO NOT get thread lock on the CVA axle or hub bearings.
NOTE:
! Usethread ! lock on the
included set screw.
NOTE:
The bearing spacers will only fit correctly in the configuration shown.
#1596 thread lock