R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 08-01-2014, 07:49 PM
OrganicMechanic
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
You can't compare a big flowing asfalt track with a tight twisty carpet track.
The carpet track wins every time on the asfalt grip wise.
That is why you need the insane fast servo's.
If you don't use them then you lack steering on carpet.
Like i said before, setup is for the asfalt and if you go to the top speed servo's, then you get into trouble with a pushing car whatever setup you run.
Been there and done it.
Found out by trail and error
It will get you oversteer or huge tire wear.
Take a look at our German brothers who run the 4.5 motors with power program.
They use a lot of fronts tires also but they need to have the speed into the steering.
If not they don't get the corner without braking a lot and loose speed even if they run the nitro lola bodies.
If i am running indoor on carpet with my F1 200MM or my 1:12 i do use a fast servo.
If not, then i loose out on the corners.
If you guys ever come to europe and run on our circuits you will notice what i am talking about.

Regards Roy
I hope you didn't take my post wrong about the carpet tracks, sorry if you did Roy. I was purposely pointing out the difference between the 1/8scale circuits you were referring to and the carpet tracks I am used to... I run mostly indoor carpet and very little outdoor asphalt(medium sized parking lot setup). On carpet I know I need the fast servo. On asphalt I hadn't thought about a push in my car being caused by a fast servo. So I was thanking you for the tip. My solution for asphalt would be to slow the servo speed down via expo and dual rate, assuming my car has a push I can't shake with setup changes. This way I don't have to swap servos for different surfaces.