R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 07-29-2014, 09:03 PM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

See responses in italics

Originally Posted by daktulos
Hi, I just bought for a fare price an used A700 from one of the first generation (produced mid 2012 I think).
I have a few questions...

- is the rear toe link position (shorter) on the AM19 really affect the handling or no or if adjusted accordingly is about the same?

MD > The original rear toe link position was shorter and seemed to induce more bump on compression. Once the new bulkheads came out I never went back to the original mount

- is the lower deck behavior comparable to the EX/EXL, best outside or inside?

MD > In its original form, the chassis without the flex slots didn't generate enough traction. Modified with a dremel and slots added - the chassis became quite competitive indoors and outdoors

- this car was probably never updated with the newer plastic parts example P18/19 vs P01/02. Is other parts need to be changed to be reliable? AM23?

MD > Plastics are have always been good. Many of my P01/P02 parts are still in use.

- from what I understand everything is the same geometry just less link positions on the AM01 vs the AM01-1...?

MD > Geometry is always a good improvement, many of the setups you find on PETITRC are still going to be really competitive.

- Are the #3 damper usable in normal weather? I will change the OR07 to be certain. Are they working well with the soft spring?

MD > I have tried to make the #3 work outdoors but have always gone back to #6 with standard springs. It seems to generate good traction while not making the car feel over sprung or dampened. I would actually like to see even a #7 or #8 one day...

Thanks!
Alexandre