R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi5
Thread: Schumacher Mi5
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 04:51 PM
nmsraider
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
So stand the shocks up, I have 1 mm under rear wish bones ,do u mean you run no washers under the front wish bones or do u have .5mm washers?
right, we run 13.5 boosted indoor carpet med to high grip,
i also on changing from mi5 to evo was struggling as was big paul on here, didnt seem any where near like the mi5 was.
played around a bit and i ended up with 350 shock oil all round,
kit diff oil, 5.25mm ride height all round droop 5 f 4 rear, 1.5 camber all round, no washers under wish bones all round (with washers added to bulkhead side camber links to maintain camber gain but lower the roll centre), cut front and rear wish bones, front shock position kit and rear middle or number 2 from bottom.
when we were struggling with rear end we followed some advise given pages back to stand up the shocks this proved to be the wrong direction, hole 2 for 1st few rounds as the grip comes up middle hole.... result was very fast very consistent all round easier to drive to that speed than the mi5. i am also thinking of trying the front and rear braces along with the alloy chassis before moving on to mid motor. the only time the car struggled last week was quick change of direction from right hand on power to left 180 degree bend on breaks snapped a little but lap times we on it maybe just the driver