R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 08:44 AM
all4fun
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nivola
Has anyone got specs on the morotech front end? I am wondering if there is a chance of converting the front end to using a hex setup so that one could use the rubber off 1/12 scale tamiya mini's?

I want to run a 6 wheeler but done here we only run on rubber not foams.
Hi nivola,
I've already checked into that idea a few years back myself for the same reason of running rubber tires. And yes, it can be done, but if you're looking for correct scale appearance, in my opinion, the mini rims and tires look too tall for the 1/10th scale Tyrell 6 wheel F1 front end. I haven't found a company yet that makes either a 12mm hex wheel, ex: (mini's and touring car wheels) or even the 14mm hex wheels used in today's 1/10th scale F1 cars. I haven't given up though as I will continue to look at what's out there. Hopefully someone viewing this post can help out. The O/D of my foam front tires in the pics I posted above are 43mm and the I/D of the 1/12th scale rim is 33.90mm. Keeping in mind that ground clearance, mine is 3.5mm and also the space between the four front tires is correct so they can turn without touching one another.