R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 02:36 AM
GregerL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjsea
question, i bought a kit xb4 4wd on 7-24-14 from amain, built the hole kit tried to put the servo in and the ears on the servo ripped off the servo. it seems like the servo mounts on the chassis is about 2mm to 1mm to wide for the servo. servo am using is xp ds1313. has anybody else experienced this problem. also i looked at the photos of the car online and it looks like i have the 2wd drive chassis is there a difference between the 4wd drive and the 2wd?
The composite chassis frame is identical between the 2wd and 4wd version. The 4wd however, is delivered with the under gearbox plastic shim.

The alu chassis part is similar but different. The 2wd has more front kick-up and has multiple mounting holes to be able to position the servo in different positions longitudinally in the car.

Regarding servo mounting I always position everything in the car loosely tightened so that everything is positioned correctly before I tighten down the screws between the servo mount and the servo ears. I stick to this practice in any car since there are some differences regarding size between different servo makes.

Hope this helps.