R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF418
Thread: Tamiya TRF418
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 03:19 PM
xrayaustin
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I have done this as well. Works great. I screwed the grub screws in until you feel them stop. Plenty of thread still sticking out. They should come like this as standard. Tamiya you listening? Hehe.

Is anyone running a flexible chassis on asphalt, for 17.5t, or just the standard one? I'm wondering if it's too flexible if it'll stall the car mid corner. Or would that be a too stiff chassis?
I've been running the stock one with pretty good succuess. I have just put the entire Samix conversion on my car and am taking both chassis with me to nationals when I leave tuesday. My personal opinion is that stiff makes the car have more steering under normal curcumstance. But just like anything else too much of something can cause an adverse affect. And that's what I feel happened with tamiya chassis. It's stiff as ply wood sideways and soft front to back. To me they got their weave backwards. The samix chassis is stiffer front to rear but softer side to side. But not to soft to where it feels floppy.

I have good expectations at Nats this week with the softer chassis in 17.5. Will report and say how it goes