R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Soviet
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Maybe a typical review for the mag in question. I ripped the entire left front off the car in my testing...some pretty serious damage. If something brakes in a review, it's written about.

Sobottka showed me the review in question...I bursted out laughing when I saw that. Not with the slop inherent in the plastic molding. I did the review for Driver on the TC4, here's right out of the text:

What could be improved:
There is an excessive amount of slop once the car has been completed. By simply including a bag of 0.010” shims this would be a moot point.
The flex in the chassis and other molded parts was a major downer.

BUT, I have been running this car lately as my foam car, and it's not the major pile people make it out to be. Once I bought and installed the graphite kit, that took out a major amount of slop, as did putting on the Losi front and rear hubs. I think once people get it out of their minds that they can just throw their TC3 setups on this car and expect it to work and more people get laps on the car, a lot of the bashing will stop. That and when the FT kit comes out things will get better too.
Ditto my man...ditto.

When the TC3 came out, people has nearly the same number of complaints.

I STILL think ALOT of the bashing is because people built it up in their minds that the TC4 was going to be the personification of God himself in touring car form.

However it's not, it's simply a smart progression of solid engineering. No more, no less. Plus alot of the younger crowd are too easily wowed by the "bling" factor of other cars.

As a good driver with a capable car will always be faster than a hunk of shiny alloy driven by a hamfist.

I'm gonna finish my TC4 in about 5 days and I can't wait to learn its tricks. You simply have to welcome the change as opposed to fearing it.