R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 AM
dvaid852456
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I'm setting up a new Reventon Pro 1.1 for the first time. I had the ESC and motor hooked up to the receiver on a bench just to get the initial setup done. All is running good and they are ready for their new home.

But,

The Reventon Pro 1.1 is not familiar to me at all, so I did some more bench work. I updated to V22. I used the PC interface to put the ESC into stock 1 mode, which unlocked Hybrid Boost. I wasn't able to make the Hybrid settings changes through the PC interface though. I had to do it through the LCD card. I still need a little more understanding on how all the items correspond to other brands. I selected the default 10.5R config and saved it. I did the radio config and ran it with the motor slave to listen for the turbo and it does kick in. I then put the motor on the Extreme MC and it was peaking at about 4.4 Amps at 15* timing, 34000 RPMs or so with no ESC input. I know I can go about double on running current if I choose to, but no need. I put the checker in cycle mode and let it run for 8 minutes and the temps were real good, under 140*. My RPM motor stand was used again for a test jig. The slave was an old Tekin Redline 7.5 and I think it was hotter than the 10.5.

Does this sound right? Car is a 10.5R 235mm Pro10.

So, What are?:

Hybrid Boost Active: a percentage of what? ESC max timing? Which is what?
Hybrid Boost Maximum: XXXK of what? RPMs? I need a little more math here.

The rest makes sense. I'm used to Starting RPM, Ending RPM, ramp rate, Turbo delay from running Tekins. A little more detail would be nice.
From what I have found the Reventon Pro seems to add on much more timing than most ESCs. Most seem to add 64 steps of timing, from what I can gather around 28-30 degrees in total.

When running the 13.5 MMM in boosted touring car using the Reventon Pro, I used:

11* on the motor
90% Hybrid Boost Active
150K Hybrid Boost Maximum.

Top speeds were amazing and I was working to improve acceleration which wasn't quite as punchy as others.

When moving to the G-Force TS120 I found I had to add more timing on the motor to get the same top speeds with full timing on the ESC.

When going back to the Reventon with the motor on 20* and the same timing settings as before it seemed to cut out and go into sensor less mode. I assume from too much timing.

From this I can only assume the Reventon Pro can add far more than 30* in total. Maybe 30* for Hybrid Boost active and 10* for Hybrid Boost Max??

I have asked SP for figures but it seems to be a closely guarded secret They did offer very helpful advice on how I can improve acceleration however by reducing start RPM to 3000, increasing DRRS, reducing the Turbo delay and increasing the turbo slope rate.

I also wondered about the end RPM as this is not set anywhere? I assume it must be a set range depending on start RPM?

All this is just my findings with the Reventon but it may help?