Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 08:41 PM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rob Phillips
I have two Q's;

When switching from Jaco to Parma tires on a L4 what are you guys using for spacers on the rear? Without shimming it, the tire rubs the lower pod. I think I need about 2mm.

Last week I was running My L4 and it wanted to push like crazy. I'm running pretty much Blackstocks L3 setup. Using Jaco Dbl Pink front and Jaco Pink rears. sauceing(FXII) about 1/3 to 1/2 on fronts and all the rears. Also, runnign ascari body. My buddy told me to try a stiffer rear spring. I will try that the next time I'm at the track. Any other suggestions? Oh yeah track is burnt new ozite. Apprx 90x50 and very smooth.Thanks
1) you will have to shave down the pod plate. The offset on the wheel is different. I had to do that with the trc foams as well. The big thing is that you will want the same displacement from the centerline of the rear axle. also what ray said, make the track width as wide as possible

2) on the ascari body there is too uch donw force on the rear of the body, you will want to cut out the 2 outlines in the rear wing of the body. cut them the size of the outlines. this will give you more even downforce front to rear. What I was seeing is the front of the car lift as I was going down the long straight. because the rear had soo much down force, it would force the front up. I cut the 2 hole in the rear wing and now the car is faster by .4 sec a lap from the speed 12 body. you will notice it pushes more on fast sweepers then tight twisties because you have more speed and the rear lift the front that much more.