R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 07:22 PM
ment2bzer0
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
You're going to need to be more specific about the setup stuff. Oil, springs, ride height etc...if you are running an 8.5 I don't think weight is an issue. Why not run a square pack? As far as gearing goes look at the back of your manual......its got good baselines in it. Once you get it close you can tune the gearing by temperature. Extending the rear links isn't a bad idea but what about washers under the rear ballstuds etc? Same for the front end. Associated set up sheets on their website are usually pretty good. I'd start there for set up tips. I agree with one of the other posters about less anti squat. Some guys go 0 to negative. One of the benefits of MM is that the natural rotation of the drivetrain produces downforce and the faster you turn the motor, the greater the downward and forward inertia you create....
Like I had stated, stock setup from the box besides the two things, which both seemed to help. I already got the gearing but i kinda just wanted a statement on what others think and what others are running. Trust me I read the manual a lot and I study setup sheets from both associated and petit. As for the shorties, it was a toss up if i was going to run any stock classes but didn't want to deal with the lightweight b.s. and all that, plus mod is just more fun to me. I just figure that there are always the "popular" setup changes. I am just use to the TLR cars and switched it up this past weekend after not being in it for about a year. Just looking to be pointed in the right direction and get some solid input. THanks.