R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I dunno man. Yesterday my B5M pulled a huge wheelie at the start of our first qualifier with a Fantom 17.5. I couldn't believe it. Sugared track and I was running well worn Proline X2s. Thus far my B5M is out of the box except for an aluminum rear ballstud mount and I was running the 3500mah smc lipo. I find the opposite to be true. My MM car seems to work better all around for our traction. FYI, I accidentally ran a 3500 pack in my 17.5 SC and it worked great and it was hot out. The weight reduction was very welcomed in my SC6. I'm a little concerned about taking too much weight out of the B5. I estimate mine to be about 1550 with the light battery and it feels great. I'm running 1.6 pistons, Green springs, and 35/32.5 oil. I'm going to try white springs or even Kyosho golds. I like my B5M much more than my RB6.....I realize that this is all over the place. I'm just sort of commenting.
I like the MM car. And your 40 grams lighter than me and I have tons of light weight crap on mine, lol. I wish I was 1550, I just hate to spend that cash and realize I cant make a 10 minute main with it. The love short run up jumps here, I mean they freaking LOVE them. I swear they design these layouts to make 17.5 suck. Heck, watching 17.5 sc is funny as crap. They cant clear crap. They just bounce of the jumps. Probably why 17.5 is dead here and mod SC is picking up. Even the 17.5 ST trucks hate life. I saw a few SC and ST truck in 17.5 that were hauling Butt. But,....they were way too fast if you know what I mean. When an SC pulls a wheelie, lol. Something is up.

Anyway, the MM car handles great. I tried my RM car last night and I can barely drive it anymore. The pendulum at the end of the high speed straight cost me 20 seconds alone. For the main, I went MM and it was better. But towards the end of the 10 main main, I was casing jumps. One of the drivers gave me dirty looks coming off the stand and had a few choice works because I cased the double spun out and cost them a position. I was like sorry, my car is a pig and cant do that double for 10 minutes, lol. I was the ONLY rm car in the Amain. I got lapped so many times, I started to get dizzy, lol. I was just trying to stay out of their way while the RM car went around the track at mach 2. I was running a 4800mah 90c pack, so you can see why I might think a 3300 mah pack might be lacking.

I have raced layout when I could do the jumps in reverse, so saying you can make jumps for 15 minutes on your local track, is very subjective.

Scratch that, there was one other MM car in the Amain. Not sure how he finished, but his car is very quick. I might ask him next time if He tried the light pack. But I suspect he lost weight with $$$ and went for the higher mah/avg voltage pack. Most of the faster locals have no fear of putting 1k into their cars, lol.