R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 07-20-2014, 02:08 PM
mxracer458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

so i finally got to run my mm last night,it was also my first time running a mid motor card period,my car is bone stock, i run stock also. it was set up box setup and it was ok just a little loose for the 1st couple packs,so i switched my arms over the rm front and rear arms. Ran it again and it helped out a lot but still wasn't satisfied on how the car was running,granted i didn't have the typos everyone was using but traction was coming up.My 1st qualifier i ended up 2nd in the heat but 13th overall out of 33 or so buggies,and there was a lot of chassis sponsored guys running stock because there was no mod,i would say the top 7 were chassis sponsored guys. That first round i ran m3 ions and i just couldn't push it like i wanted to. So the next round i went to 3/2 rear inserts and .5 in my rear hubs and ran ss handlebars,My car was much better and i felt i could push it a little harder and ran a 20.073 and the fast sponsored guys were running 19.2s i believe.I felt i had the car in the right direction. So my main was up and i put the soft ions back on thinking i could push it a little more with this tires since i was 6th in the b,boy my car was stuck like velcro and it was hard to drive,i think i was running 5th and i was getting plowed by one car corner after corner (didn't think he knew how to use brakes) and finally he spun me into a pipe and i ended up 7th in the b. Not were i wanted to finish but the class had some heavy hitter and for someone with no expectations other then trying to make the car good i felt like it was a good night. So i can't wait to get some more wheels time on the car and see what else i can do with it,not to shabby for a bone stock heavy car