R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Ophidian
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
For about 30 mins when I first get to the track. I then wipe the fronts off, do a burnout on the burnout carpet and run the first qualie. (Same for both) Wipe Tires with dry rag to clean and then reapply 10-15mins before the next run.
I happened on LGC by accident, I went to Calgary to a race the WCICS Finals and forgot my SXT, and all the local shop there had was LGC. I liked it, no odor at all and the Black fronts and magenta rear combo I run at our home track likes it. I am just got back into 1/12th last season, and my car always got a slight push at like 6:30 min into a race. At the Calgary WCICS final with the LGC I didn't get it. I thought it was just the carpet being different but when I tried it on back at N.A.S.C.A.R. (my club) I never got the push. Our track is newer CRC carpet and we run a big track (5 rolls of carpet), that seems harder on tires that the more worn carpet at Calgary. I like the Gravity tires too. I still occasionally hit the wall though and the front wheel is weaker than the JACOS I have been using.
The Calgary track is built on a subfloor simular to what they use at IIC. And Edmonton is just carpet laid on concrete? Correct me if I'm wrong I haven't been up there in years. That makes a huge difference in track temperature and how the track takes rubber. I found at Calgary track Gravity RC Soft/Soft combo were easier for me to drive and didn't have the push at the end of the run compared to hard fronts and soft rear.