R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 AM
nf_ekt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I still say that if Xray thought is was worth their time, they would be putting out a current "R" kit. A lot has changed in a few years. They can't sell a C/F kit with djc's, ect. for $300 and make money. At this point there is plenty of competition, and asking someone to choose between a top-tier (spec sheet-wise) kit and and an R version is not going to get the immediate response of " still gotta' have an Xray". Heck, even the super-budget version of some of these asian produced kits are pretty damn good now for what you pay. At the ROAR regionals that recently took place one, of the guys finishing top-3 in VTA ran a Sakura XI sport, It's a sub-$120 car!

As for providing a cheaper car to build a bigger Xray fan-base, well I sort of think that happens by the very nature of the fact that they put out new cars so often. As soon as the new kit comes out everyone dumps their old cars. I run VTA and I've had a number of nice used Xrays come my way. Right now I have a T3 2012 with ecs's and the Exotek chassis, only paid
$200 for it. I can go on Ebay and find 2010-2012 cars in good shape for 150-200 all day. So why would I buy an "R" version kit when I can have a top-spec Xray that at the most needs a few new bearings?