R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing Xerun V3
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 03:31 AM
daleburr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
Hi Dale, yes it is the same speedo I was asking for advice on the Bedworth FB page.

I purchased it from a UK shop after much research and reading reviews. It is the black aluminium cased version.

Fair enough it's a clone but the build quality and performance seems very good. As does punch. Just lacking top speed.

As it is obvioulsy NOT a Hobbywing and now I know I shall not post in this thread and move my questions to the Toro thread instead.

Apologies for any harm caused here I was just looking for help.

It has been mentioned that the TOTAL allowed timing between motor and ESC is 90 degrees and not 64, is that correct? And that 22 on motor, 34 boost and 24 turbo would be okay, a total of 80. Is that correct?

Cheers for your help
You can run upto 64 steps on the ESC (boost+turbo).

You can then turn the motor timing up until its hitting its temperature limit (about 75 celcius for the SP motors).

Don't worry about what the theoretical maximum in actual real degrees of timing is. It's a moving target, and not really important. I've ran motors on the dyno at 64 boost and 50deg on the endbell and it still worked (got bloody hot though and didn't have any more power than at lower endbell settings). Temperature is the limit we always hit first.