R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:45 PM
nashrcracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greenbandit
Well, I was all excited to start racing again, but I found out that the local area does not want to accept the VTA rules and wants to run a class called "Scale Spec". The rules basically state you can run brushed Tamiya Silver cans or brushless 25.5, 2c Lipo or 4 cell Nimh (????), any body that looks scale (????), and you can run any 4wd touring, FWD touring, or any mini chassis, again (????). I guess this kills my wanting to return to on-road racing. Oh well.
why should that prevent you from racing. now the next person that comes along and says they want VTA rules finds you there running VTA rules in scale spec so now you have someone to race against. but now because you think that it has to be only VTA or I'm taking my one car home, nothing will ever get started at the local track. if you want it VTA rules only class put a little effort into racing in the scale spec and try to drum up other racers to race the scale spec class with you using VTA rules till you get enough to have your own class.

some days I know I'm just putting a car down racing myself to better myself as a driver for any class that I race, whether it be in VTA or 12th scale. but I still do it and as my passion for 12th scale is just as strong as anybody's in this forum for VTA I sometimes run it between rounds just to show the class off. same thing you can do for VTA at your local track.