R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
celt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TOADYY
That body and the Peugeot were the best. Where can the we find the GT1?

I'm thinking about getting the SM when it comes out and try to get the class revised at TQ. But people think Pro 10 is to big for our carpet track. However I think otherwise.
For sure...

This is going to anger some people...oh well. Been in this hobby for a few decades now and raced about everything - onroad, offroad, electric, nitro, you name it. I've seen RC go the same way our society has. We spend so much time and effort dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator, so a monkey can feel good about himself, so no one will hurt themselves, you don't have to worry about making a bad decison, doing something wrong - it's not possible because we make things so risk free that it's not possible. And in my opinion, not fun.

Many of us have completely forgotten, or never learned, about throttle control, how to hold a line, how to pass with elegance, grace. Few know driving ettiquette. That's were the fun is - fast and clean. You make a mistake, there's consequence. Get it right? Wow...

All this awesome technology and we choose to kick these cars around the track like wet rags. Pro10 is what we need. Drive what you can handle, a smart driver will use only what he can make work and no more. Here's the rub, with that kind of speed and power comes responsibility. You can't just rip into the sweeper at 50mph and collect everyone in front of you, that's not racing.

I'm on Pro10 as soon as the SM is available.