R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Jmccormick
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
What is the durability like on the composite bones?

I hope it's better than the Associated composite outdrives...

speaking of outdrives and diffs...

Did anyone else read the RCCA reviewof the TC4????

Can someone...ANYONE please explain to me how it rates a perfect 10 in parts fit and finish??????

The other question is that Cliff Lett made the recommendation that people who got early kits get the new parts.....is Associated supplying the parts? or should we all rush to our stores and randomly buy parts hoping that they are updated pieces and not the TC4 originals?

Don't get me wrong..I like my TC4 and it's workign well for me....but a 10 for parts fit and finish is a HUGE stretch...to me 10 says no hand-fitting or extra shimming required and the only flashing needing to be removed is at the injection sprue from the mold...NO flashing around or in any holes....I'd probably rate it a 7

I have been running the IRS composite CVD's in my TC3 for a while and I have broken a few but they where very hard crashes and they are cheap at something like 15 bucks for 4 and they come with pin cusions already on them.......

I think the TC4 is a good car I realy like mine although I have had the typical issues diff gear to thick and having to shim the suspension to remove the slop along with using axle shims to remove the slop in the steering arms. But other then that it's been a great car and does respond well to any changes made.