R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 07-04-2014, 09:26 PM
negatv1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I'm local to RC Clubhouse as well, and know the current layout and the little step up and over jump that you are referring to.

If you are running blinky, then you're not likely ever going to feel like you have "punch" regardless of your setup or gearing. Just not going to have the rip that a mod motor can produce with a quick yank of the throttle. But if blinky is your thing maybe focus on finding a good setup in so far as timing/gearing and leaving the boost out since you wont be racing with it.

There is a pretty big class of blinky 2wd on Wed nights and some cars look pretty good out there. No shame in asking for their timing/gearing.

As far as the jump in question - I'm betting that you probably just need to practice landing on the table top earlier (dont jump to far onto the table top) to get a better run at the little edge to make it up and over the following jump. Maybe a bit of setup change (springs/pistons/oil) will help your car jump better if its really behaving badly.

Originally Posted by hcopp
Took mine out for its fifth run today. Its an indoor clay track with this one jump that is giving me hell. I am running a Tekin RS Gen 2 - Killshot 17.5 - 32/75 gearing and Gold Barcodes. I feel I just don't have much punch to get over this jump.

It is a small jump that lands on a tabletop which immediately has another jump at the end of the table. When I hit it perfectly I can clear the landing by maybe 3 inches. I will try to attach a picture of the current layout but it doesn't show the jump well.

I am running blink at the track as thats what I will eventually race with, but what would you guys recommend I try out to get a bit more punch? What gearing should I run? Timing on the motor appears to be at 20 degrees, which is how it was when I got it (don't know if this is normal or not).

Any ideas for the best setup? I also run at an indoor hard surface track, but run 21/79 (I Think) with tons of boost and that works really well for me.

Thanks for the reading the hodge podge of info, appreciate any input.