R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Dstreelm
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
Norcal hobbies had two kits come in today, both sold one to dstreelm, happy for you buddy, this is a great car to get into

ohhh dremel the front swaybar a bit flat so it han not be pulled out of the plastic dodad...and be careful not to over tighten it.

i ran josh close setup for the norcal champs race...its great..but current track layout seems to do better with 45wt oil up front and 3 hole 1.3 pistons....i also went with AE blue buggy front springs, which are one step harder than stock springs

also grab a bag a shims with i think 5mm ID hole, 0.5mm thick, and put it under the bellcrank link, it will tighten up some of that slop....but maybe your car is second gen and doesnt have that problem

get some high moly content grease for the outdrives, manual says nothing about it, but i highly recommend putting a dab of it on all the outdrives (black grease from AE and TLR is rumored to have moly in it, but they dont describe whats in their stuff, so i use 60% Honda moly grease....the cool thing about moly is even when the grease is gone, the microscobic moly remains, and keeps things rotating.

also get some 80K center diff oil, it will be easier on your spur (might even go 70K)...and a STEEL pinion 21T....

the 6.5T actinium and radon pro is awesome, use 3-4 layers of servo tape, i like the 3m tape from lowes that is maximum strenght (think 50 pounds) the foam in the tape is softer than all the other and will allow some vibration dampening, i could not get the kyosho gel pad to stick, good enough

put a fan near the motor 30x30mm will do..i prefer sunon...i just use the lowes 3m tape to attach it

i did sand the edges of the carbon, but i doubt how much a bit of loctite is going to help

blue loctite on all screws going into metal...once the ball cups are popped in place do not unpop them, unscrew the whole ball stud instead.

punk beams and fullslot works great, im sure the super or mega soft dirtwebs will work well as well, mondrell was running gold bar codes on his 44

that all i can think of right now
Thanks for the building tips...

I bought a set of gold barcodes per Mondrell's recommendation, I'll experiment with something softer later, but I figured the barcodes would be a good baseline.

I've got an extra fan on the way too.

Do you happen to know what screw you used to fill the 4th hole on your shock piston?

I'm hoping to dig into the build this weekend and have it ready for Wednesday!